The best power rack for most people is the Atlas Power Rack. Getting an outstanding rating on Amazon, this power rack is perhaps the best squat rack in terms of value for money. It’s solid, easy to assemble and looks great!. Also, it is made up of heavy duty steel and has an 800 lbs capacity.
If the Atlas Power Rack is unavailable or out of stock, the Titan Power fitness Rack is our runner-up. Although, it costs a little more than the Atlas rack but the seller offers free shipping. However, it has a slightly lesser capacity of 700 lbs and perhaps a little less sturdy.
Before we move on to the reviews, check out the comparison table below which shows some of the top equipment you can get online.
Best Power Racks
|Power Racks||Quick Info|
|Power Rack NEW Squat Deadlift HD Lift Cage Bench Racks Chrome Safety|
Estimated Price = $$$
|Titan Power Rack Squat Deadlift HD Lift Cage Bench Racks stand cross fit pull up|
Estimated price = $$$
|PowerLine PPR200X Power Rack|
Estimated Price = $$$
|Valor Athletics Inc. BD - 7 Power Rack with Lat Pull|
Estimated price = $$$$
|POWER RACK 72" HIGH|
Estimated Price = $$
|Powertec Fitness Workbench Power Rack, Yellow|
Estimated Price = $$$$$$$
|XMark Power Cage with Dip Station and Pull-up Bar XM-7620|
Estimated Price = $$$$$$$$
What is a power rack?
A power rack (also know as power cage and squat rack) is one of the most important equipment you can have in your gym. It help improve your workouts and fitness and enable you the exercise all body parts. It is kind of a mini home gym.
Benefits of Purchasing a Power Rack?
Squat racks are designed to enable you to perform various workouts. Some of the benefits include:
- Adds versatility to your exercise – If you want your workout to be great, you must add versatility. You can perform numerous exercises with it including squat, pull ups, dips and more.
- Power racks ensure safety – Power racks have few safety features which makes them really safe. One of the prominent features is the safety pin system on the side. Basically, these safety pins ensure your safety by catching the barbell if you accidentally drop it.
- Power racks allow the use of free weights – Free weights are usually way better to build muscle mass compared to machines. Therefore, it a lot better to exercise with free weights than on a machine. This would also ensure diversity.
Reviews of the Top 5 Picks
Here are the reviews of the top 5 power cages:
Power Rack by Atlas
The power rack by atlas gets the top spot on the list. The Rack gets outstanding ratings of 4.9 on Amazon out of 250+ User Reviews.
The rack costs around $200 with $100 shipping charges – Makes it worth $300. ( be sure to check amazon for exact price ) Usually most of the racks do come with a cost that is $100 more. The rack is solid built and has a capacity of up to 800 lbs. You can perform bench press, curls, shrugs, squats, military press & more. Also, the rack offers a total of 28 positions – which ultimately help you do various exercises and workouts.
Check out the Video Review of the rack – the video review is uploaded by chad (Amazon user & Buyer ). The quality of material is superb and the assembly of the rack is easy and takes about a hour. The rack uses 12 gauge steel.
Titan Power Cage & Squat Rack by titan fitness
Titan power cage gets a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Amazon. The Cage has a capacity of 700 lbs ( 100 lbs lesser than the above). It isn’t much different in terms of quality than the atlas rack. The assembly is not difficult but takes at least 2 people to assemble.
The recommended is 3 though. Again, the assembly would take almost an hour at max. The titan fitness service is also really outstanding. If you have any problem, just give them a call and they would definitely help you out Asap.
The rack is very sturdy and you can perform various exercises with complete confidence. The material used for construction is outstanding.
Check out the rack on Amazon for more user reviews and discount offers. Unlike the atlas rack reviewed above, this manufacturer offers free shipping.
PowerLine PPR200X Power Cage
Comes at the 3rd place on our list, the powerline PPR200X Gets average ratings of [use 4.6] out of 186 Reviews.
The cost is around $350 ( $50 expensive than the #1 rack by alias – See Exact Price on Amazon) but comes with a 10-year warranty on the frame and one year warranty on all other parts.
The User named “Hiker” explains a better way to assemble the rack. You might want to read his review on Amazon. The assembly of the rack would take you anywhere from an hour to two.
The rack is sturdy and has a large weight capacity. You can perform various exercises with full safety.
POWER CAGE 72″ HIGH
The POWER RACK 72″ HIGH gets ratings of 4.6 out total 5 on Amazon. It cost around $300 with shipping included. ( Please check Amazon for the exact price ) .Although the price fluctuates a little from time to time.
Here are the specs as provided by the manufacturer :
- 25 holes 2″ apart with numbers for adjustment
- Professionally knurled chinning bar on back
- 1″ Solid Steel Safety Pins
- Sizes: 57″ W x 49″ D x 72.5″ H
- Bold numbers on all posts
- Shipping Weight: 120 pounds
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #60,998 in Sports & Outdoors ( as of June 2015 )
The assembly takes almost an hour. It easy to setup. Extremely sturdy and stable and has large weight capacity.
- Pull up racks you can checkout to enhance your workout.
- Guide to the Best And Top sellers Pull Up racks
- And the Dip station for outdoor use and dip exercises.
- Exercise equipment
- The Best Push up Bars you can get online – Maxfitness+ Complete Guide
What are the problems associated with best power racks?
Some of the very common problems that relate to power racks are that you need extra space in your home if you are planning to purchase one. Also, unlike machines you will need more equipment such as barbells, weights and more to workout.