A weight vest is a great way to add more resistance to your training.
There are many benefits of using a weighted vest like increasing bone density, improving your strength and endurance, and enhancing your cardiovascular system.
Check out the list of the Best Weighted Vests below:
Best Weighted Vests 2018
|10 lbs||No||S, M, L, XL, XXL|
|CAP Barbell Weighted Vest||40 lbs||Yes||One Size Fits all|
|Tone Fitness Weighted Vest||12 lbs||No||One Size Fits all|
|Cross101 Weighted Vest||20 lbs||Yes||One Size Fits all|
|RUNFast Weighed Vest||12-60 lbs||No||One Size Fits all|
|SKLZ Weight Training Vest|
|10 lbs||Yes||One Size Fits all|
|HumanX Weight Vest||10, 20, or 40 lbs||Yes||One Size Fits all|
|MIR Weighted Vest||50 lbs||Yes||One Size Fits all|
|ZFOsports Weighted Vest||40 lbs||Yes||One Size Fits all|
|Perfect Fitness Weight Vest||40 lbs||No||One Size Fits all|
1- Hyperwear HyperVest
Made with a unique fabric that stretches and wicks away sweat, the Hyperwear HyperVest is a lightweight vest that also provides ventilation. With ten pounds of weight that are distributed evenly, the Hypwerwear HyperVest features a thin profile and side lacing that gives you a full range of motion when you exercise. It is also sweat and odor resistant.
The Hyperwear HyperVest was designed to be used by both men and women with the side lacing allowing you to give yourself a custom fit. The jacket will hug your chest while you work out thanks to its compressive design. You can also purchase additional booster packs so you can increase the jacket’s weight while a full zipper allows you to easily take the vest on and off.
- Lightweight, stretchy fabric is very comfortable
- Comes with ten pounds of resistance
- Has a unisex design and side lacing to customize your fit
- The weights can break through the vest after a few months
2- CAP Barbell Weighted Vest
Lightweight and durable, the CAP Barbell Weighted Vest adds 40 pounds of resistance to your workout routine. This is a great jacket for dips and pull up since it will stay securely in place while you work out. Providing full upper body coverage, the CAP Barbell Weighted Vest is held on securely with Velcro side straps.
The CAP Barbell Weighted Vest is very comfortable and versatile giving you several places to put extra weights. Even though it only has one strap, it sits securely on your torso. This durable and well-made vest features double-cross stitching for durability.
- Lightweight and durable vest that stays in place
- Velcro side straps give you extra security
- Comfortable to wear while working out
- Some users found the fit bulky
- Can be pretty hot to wear
3- Tone Fitness Weighted Vest
Made of a lightweight and soft neoprene material, the Tone Fitness Weighted Vest is comfortable to wear but still durable and rugged. It has one size fits all sizing with a black and blue design that includes high-quality stitching that guarantees durability as it carries weights.
The Tone Fitness Weighted Vest has a pocket for your cell phone or MP3 player and also includes reflective strips for safety when running in the dark. The jacket design also has a temperature control feature that gives you the most comfortable experience when working out in hot conditions. The neoprene also wicks away sweat to keep it odor and sweat resistant.
- Lightweight and soft neoprene wicks away moisture
- Durable stitching allows it to hold weights securely
- Includes a pocket for your cell phone or MP3
- Can places some strain on your lower back
4- Cross101 Weighted Vest
Starting with a light load is a great way to start wearing the Cross101 Weighted Vest so you don’t run the risk of injury. The 20 pounds that come with the vest allows you to start with eight weights equaling 2.5 pounds each. The weights let you increase your load slowly reducing the shock of too much weight all at once.
The Cross101 Weighted Vest is a one size fits all that features a belt that tightens the belt securely around you. This is an easy to use and clean vest that comes with a camouflage design. This is a great lightweight vest that works well for beginners.
- Lightweight best that is very affordable
- Weights allow you to gradually work your way up
- Easy to use and great for beginners
- Not great for advanced workouts as it only goes to 20 pounds
- Can chafe your shoulders
5- RUNFast Weighted Vest
The RUNFast Weighted Vest is very versatile tool that comes in several designs that have the options for shoulder pads. Included weights can vary between 12, 20, 40, 50, and 60 pounds while the included sandbags are designed to suit the resistance you want for your workout. Each sandbag has a differing maximum weight depending on the model, so the 40-pound model has a maximum four-pound sandbag weight while the 12-pound vest has maximum 1 1/2 pound sandbags.
Straps are provided under your armpits for a secure fit while Velcro straps fasten around your waist. Constructed of ballistic nylon and invisible stitched seams, the vest stays securely on your body but doesn’t limit your range of motion. The RUNFast Weighted Vest is a comfortable vest that can be worn for everyday tasks as well as your workout.
- You can get the vest with or without shoulder padding
- Has a bunch of weight options to choose from
- Does not limit your range of motion during your work out
- Some people didn’t find that they had a comfortable fit
6- SKLZ Weight Vest
The SKLZ Weight Vest adjusts to your chest giving it a bralike appearance that is different from the vests that adjust around your weight. This is a great feature for those that have a larger waistline as it will have a more comfortable fit. SKLZ also has other features that increase your comfort level including soft bound edges and twenty separate weighted bags that fit into different pockets.
Each weighted bag weighs a half of pound which allows you to slowly increase the weight you are carrying up to ten pounds. This is a good weight and vest for beginners who need a smaller amount of weight during their workout. The SKLZ Weight Vest is also an easy to tighten vest so that the weight doesn’t move around as you work out.
- Very comfortable
- Allows you to increase the weight load in small increments
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Too lightweight, only weighs 10 pounds
- Has a bralike appearance which a guy will want to cover
7- HumanX Weight Vest
This may not be the most affordable vest on the market, but it’s also not the most expensive. The HumanX Weight Vest comes with twenty heavy duty sealed cartridges that let you total the weight at either 10, 20, or 40 pounds. This vest has a durable and tough construction that allows you to use long term without worrying about it wearing out.
Unlike other vests on the market, this vest can handle carrying heavy loads constantly. The HumanX Weight Vest is also very comfortable to wear and allows you to adjust to fit your body perfectly. It also has an outer shell that is abrasion resistant and has pads in the chest and shoulder areas.
- Has a great weight total of forty pounds
- Looks great and is super comfortable
- Great vest for running
- Weight grains sometimes leak out
- Uncomfortable to wear it when it is really warm out
8- MIR Weighted Vest
Even though it’s a little on the expensive side, the MIR Weighted Vest is worth the investment for what you get. This is a one size fits all design that allows you to customize your fit with Velcro belts. The belts fit comfortably around your chest and abdomen, and the vest includes extra lining and padding through its shoulders and body.
With a 50-pound limit, this is a great vest for advanced and beginning training as the weights come in three-pound increments so you can as much as you can handle and work up from there. This is an easy to use and comfortable vest when running and is one of the best weighted vest for crossfit due to its minimal bounce. The MIR Weight Vest also features a reflective stripe on its back so you are more visible when running in the dark.
- You can add weight up to fifty pounds
- Great quality, nice level of warmth for winter training
- Looks great and is really comfortable
- It’s on the expensive side
9- ZFOsports Weighted Vest
For those that prefer a heavier weight vest, the ZFOsports Weighted Vest is worth checking out. Inside the vest, you will find 40 pounds of weights giving it is maximum weight load. You can also adjust the weight of the vest in 2 ½ pounds increments.
The ZFOsports Weighted Vest fits both men and women and comes in a one size fits all design that fits most users. It also has a snug fit that keeps it from moving when you work out. This is a very versatile vest that you can use while doing pull-up or going on a run.
- Works for both men and women
- You can add up to forty pounds
- Has a snug fit so it stays in place
- Needs more shoulder padding
- Can be too large if you have a small frame
10- Perfect Fitness Weight Vest
The Perfect Fitness Weight Best is a short weight vest that holds up to twenty pounds. It includes weights in one pound increments and has a slim design that won’t interfere with your mobility. You get a personalized fit with the dual-band enclosure, and the included padded shoulders give you improved comfort.
The vest also comes with a shell that is breathable making it more comfortable to wear when you work out. It has very visible reflective material that allows you to safely run on roads, especially at night. The Perfect Fitness Weight Vest also features a pocket that lets you safely store your cell phone or an MP3 player.
- Has a pocket for a cell phone or MP3 player
- Comes with safety reflective material when you run in the dark
- Doesn’t impede your mobility when you work out
- Not very stable for those with a small frame
- Can shift with movement
Advantages of a Good Weight Vest
Having a good weight vest can give you benefits that outweigh the risk of using one. It can have a positive effect on your health and fitness routine in several ways including:
- Strength and Endurance – Adding resistance to your fitness routine, a weighted vest will help you get stronger and improve your endurance.
- Variability – It is common to hit a plateau when trying to lose weight or working out which can be very frustrating. When your body becomes used to working out, it can cause a plateau so changes will become more gradual. By adding a weight vest, you insert enough variation that you will start to see a difference without needing to change your routine.
- Cardiovascular Health – Cardiovascular exercises can also give you better results when you use a weight vest. Having to carry around extra weight will make your body work harder and improve faster.
- Bone Density – By putting a greater strain on your bones and your muscles, a weighted vest will cause your bones to become denser to take on the extra load.
Types of Weighted Vests
Benefits of a Weighted Vest
Adds Resistance and Intensity to Your Work Out
Many workouts include weight training is a big part of their routine. As you do pull-ups and push ups, you are using the resistance of your own body weight as you exercise. Some people need more weight and use a weighted vest to increase the resistance. By adding more weight, you can make your exercises more effective and help you to achieve your fitness goals.
Boosts Your Endurance and Strength
When you add weight to your vest, your muscles then adapt and you slowly become stronger. When you have stronger muscles, you will also get larger muscles, so that extra weight can really improve your physique.
Helps You Lose Weight
If you only want to get rid of excess fat, a weighted vest can help to lose fat and improve your overall health. With additional resistance, you increase the intensity of your work out and that can accelerate any calorie-burning benefits of your exercise regimen.
Improves Your Bone Density
As your muscles get larger, your bones will also develop. Bones will get denser and stronger and so they can support the heavier musculature. This is a great benefit for older people who are at risk of getting osteoporosis. They will then be less likely to fall down accidentally, and they will have bones less likely to break.
Encourages Good Posture
When you carry heavy weights and backpacks on your torso, this can lead to bad posture and a slouch from trying to keep your balance with all that weight on your back. Weighted vests evenly distribute the extra weight all over your upper body allowing you to stand straight giving you less back problems.
Image Credits via Flickr Creative Common: Olivierbxl
- A Guide to the Best Weightlifting Shoes
- Reviews & Ultimate Guide to the Best Lifting Straps
- Best Power Racks – Buyers Guide & Reviews. ( Updated )
- 1 Best Weighted Vests 2018
- 2 1- Hyperwear HyperVest
- 3 2- CAP Barbell Weighted Vest
- 4 3- Tone Fitness Weighted Vest
- 5 4- Cross101 Weighted Vest
- 6 5- RUNFast Weighted Vest
- 7 6- SKLZ Weight Vest
- 8 7- HumanX Weight Vest
- 9 8- MIR Weighted Vest
- 10 9- ZFOsports Weighted Vest
- 11 10- Perfect Fitness Weight Vest
- 12 Advantages of a Good Weight Vest
- 13 Types of Weighted Vests
- 14 Benefits of a Weighted Vest