After 13 hours of research and almost 2 weeks of extensive testing, we found that the best sports bra for large breasts is the Panache Sports Bra which is designed especially for full-busted women. The bra reduces bounce by 83% and offers maximum support even while doing high-intensity workouts yet still feels comfortable and just like your normal bra. The Panache Sports bra offers lightweight microfiber fabric which transports moisture away from your body yet still keeps your skin from drying. It is currently available in 8 variations.
If the Panache Bra is unavailable or out of stock, the Glamorise Women’s No-Bounce Full-Support Sports Bra is our runner-up. The bra gets a good rating on Amazon and is a bit cheaper than the panache, and is available in 4 colors.
For women looking for a budget-friendly option, I recommend the Mirity Racerback Sports Bra that comes in tons of color options and surprisingly offers great support for women with large chest.
Before you read the in-depth reviews of each of the sports bra for large women, check out the quick comparison table below to take a look at the top 5 bras for big busts.
Best Sports Bras For Large Breasts 2019
|1. Panache Women's Underwire Sports Bra||49% Polyamide---36% Polyester---15% Elastane|
|2. Glamorise Women's No-Bounce Full-Support Sport Bra||70% Polyester---25% Nylon---5% Elastane|
|3. Anita Women's Momentum Sport Bra||50% Polyester---35% Polyamide---15% Elastane|
|4. Enell High Impact Sports Bra||90% Nylon---10% Lycra Spandex|
|5. Champion Women's Spot Comfort Full-Support Sport Bra||Cup, Back, Frame and Strap: 86% Nylon---14% Spandex|
One of the biggest drawbacks of exercising if you are full figured is keeping your breasts in place to get the full effect of the workout. When you have to keep stopping to adjust your undergarment you aren’t getting the results you are looking for. The right bra will keep your breasts in place while you run, jog, and jump.
The breasts are basically flesh without any bones to keep them in place so the right undergarment is needed to do the job.
Below you can read in-depth reviews of the best bras for sports.
Panache Women’s Underwire Sports Bra
The Panache Women’s Sports Bra gets the top spot under Bras for large chest because it reduces bounce by 83% and offers comfort, even during intense exercise.
- Encapsulation: They are more like standard regular use bras that encapsulate each breast with two cups. They stabilise the breast from all directions and are considered better for the breast tissues.
- Compression: There is no separation and the bra compresses your breast against your chest to provide support.
The Panache Underwire sports bra is an Encapsulation type bra for the ultimate support. I usually prefer the encapsulation type bras as they don’t simply squish the breasts down.
This plus size Sports bra is also great for runners as it features ‘Racer back option’ which ultimately provide more freedom to move and have the best running experience.
What our tester had to say?
- The Fit: To summarize, the fit was just outstanding! “Excellent fit, probably the best sports bra I’ve tried” admits one tester. “Great Fitting sports bra, feels just like my normal bra” says another. Overall, the panache bra had unexpectedly great fitting.
- The Material: The material is excellent too. It incredibly comfortable against the skin and is designed to wick the moisture away from the body.
- The Design: Overall, the design is very good and I’d give it a 9 out 10. The bra won’t give you the uni-boob look under your clothes. And because of the full coverage cups and the thicker band, you might not even need another layer on the top.
Made from 70% polyester and machine washable, care is a snap and the bra can be washed repeatedly and still hold up its shape. For over 40 years women have been turning to Glamorise and they have been creating comfortable and functional undergarments for active women.
Available in a variety of colors the design has a front mesh panel and closes with a hook-and-eye in the back. The soft cups mean you won’t have to worry about wires or bindings while you are trying to work out.
When ordering this bra pre-measure according to the charts available to ensure correct sizing. When finding garments for larger breasts it is important to get the fit correct so it functions properly and some women are finding that the sizing can run a little small or large if they don’t measure before ordering.
Proper cup size and circumference will ensure that this bra will become your favorite bra for working out and for everyday wear.
Things We Liked
- The support was exactly what we were looking for and is the best sports bra for running with larger breasts.
- Machine washable means it’s easy to care for.
- Comfortable to wear for workouts.
- This style meant it was attractive on top and functional everywhere it needed to be.
Things we Didn’t Like
- The price. It is a bit pricey than other bras.
Bottom Line: To sum up in few words, this is a great choice for women and is one of the most comfortable sports bras for large breasts with great design and virtually no bounce. Erica from A Sophisticated Pair says: “[This bra is] one of our top 10 bras for the entire store”.
Glamorise Women’s No-Bounce Sport Bra
The Glamorise Women’s Full-Support Sports Bra is our second best pick when it comes to bras for large women. This bra is a lot less pricey than our best pick but still manages to offer great quality material, design and fit.
Glamorise offers 5 types of bras which include:
- Double Layer Custom Control Bra
- High Impact Zipper Bra
- Ultimate Full Figure Bra
- No-Bounce Cami Bra
- Low Impact Cami Bra
All of which are compared on this page.
Some of the notable features of this bra:
- Moisture wicking fabric keeps you dry & cool
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Machine Wash
- Available in color including Malibu Blue, Cafe, White and black/pink.
The Glamorise bra receives an excellent rating and is the #1 best sellers in Active sports bras. To view complete details of each type of variation, visit Amazon.com
Anita Women’s Momentum Sport Bra
The Anita 5529 Women’s Momentum Bra gets an excellent rating on Amazon and is one of the favorite sports bras when it comes to large women. “The bra fits secure and you won’t even notice there is a one after some time” says one of our tester. As the Anita Momentum bra comes is a wide range of sizes, it would be available for most runners. According to Runner’s World, it is the #1 bra for large women.
Some of the most notable features of this bra:
- Handwash: According to our test, the bra washed well.
- Extremely comfortable to wear
- Almost no bounce
- Wide adjustable straps
- 80% people gave it 4 or 5 ratings out of total 5.
- 80% plus women who wore says it fits as expected.
Bottom Line: One of the best sports bra for large breasted women.
Enell High Impact Sports Bra
Whether you run or do aerobics or play something more vigorous like volleyball or basketball, this is the sports bra you have been waiting for. The bra offers full comfort & support.
The high neck keeps the bra in place throughout the course of a busy day and the breasts lifts for a firm and attractive look. This bra wears well and the wide straps keep this great looking bra in place so you won’t have to experience the tire and fatigue of being full figured.
The hook and eye closing mean the bra goes on and off easily each wear. A full back on the design and the cross strap also help keep the garment snug so you can wear it with almost any style of top.
The Enell High Impact Sports Bra is made from Naturexx fabric. Ninety percent nylon and 10 percent lycra Spandex meld the perfect materials for a garment for an active woman. This means you will stay cool while enjoying all of the benefits of wearing a bra that actually fits right.
The material keeps moisture to a minimum too so you can take one more worry off of your place. The bra will not stick to the other clothing you are wearing. It comes in a variety of colors and most women like it so well they order more.
Things We Liked
- The material was soft and comfortable.
- This bra delivered on the promise of being breathable and controlling moisture and sweat.
- The snug back means this bra isn’t moving around while you are working out.
- The style is attractive as well as functional.
Things we Didn’t Like
- The design is for keeping the breasts snug so use the fitting guide if you want something that is just a little more loosely fitting.
Wacoal Women’s Sports Bra
Anyone who has ever been in the market for a good sports bra knows how hard it is to find the perfect one. The look is important, the breathability, and the all-important fit all come into play. This sports bra by Wacoal offers all of that and more. Made from 100% nylon, moisture-wicking, the wearer enjoys all of the breathability of this fantastic material.
Adjustable shoulder straps keep this bra snugly in place, even while you are moving around and being active so that means you won’t be fighting that pinching feeling and moving them around all day. A hook-and-eye closure on the back offers a nice snug fit but means it is not binding and uncomfortable.
An underwire is included in this design that offers a little extra support where it’s needed. The Wacoal Women’s Sports Bra comes in a variety of colors. Most women who order this bra say it comes in the sizing that they are expecting. Sized up to an H this bra works great for most regular women and those with larger breasts who can find good workout bras hard to find.
The bra comes in the solid colors of black, nude and blue. There are also two attractive color combinations of peacoat and jade lime and platinum and fuchsia.
Things We Liked
- The adjustable shoulder straps allowed you to tighten or loosen them for the perfect fit.
- The bra is not padded so there is no extra material to make add bulk.
- The hook-and-eye closure on the back is easy to use and keep the bra fitting snug but not too tight.
- The underwire is not the kind that binds and can hurt but adds just the right amount of extra support.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The instructions on this bra call for hand washing.
Under Armour Women’s Mid Sports Bra
This bra offers variety! Coming in around twenty different colors and color combinations, this racerback sports bra has a one-of-a-kind sweat-wicking moisture trap feature that means you won’t be sweating profusely when you are trying to stay in shape.
Mid-Impact support also means you will be able to move for your workout but won’t be too constricted by a tight-fitting, uncomfortable undergarment. Under Armour offers four-way stretch construction in this 90% polyester bra. The other 10% is Elastane for moveability.
Enjoy the double-layer HeatGear fabric that will feel great next to your skin. This popular company comes out with products that today’s busy customers and women athlete’s desire again and again. Concentrate on your workout and not adjusting your sports bra with this great selection.
Things We Liked
- The variety of colors make ordering one a little challenging but wearing them so much fun! The seat-wicking means you won’t be sweaty and stinky after a workout.
- The moveability with this bra is top-notch. No restrictions whatsoever.
- Manufactured by Under Armour, the company is known for its popular workout gear and they know how to make the products athletes love.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Sizing runs a little small according to several customers.
Champion Women’s Absolute Workout Sports Bra
This awesome work out bra by Champion is one of the best sports bras worn by busy women today. The lightweight racerback compression style offers the utmost in flexibility and is completely easy to move in whether you are running or stretching or jumping.
The Absolute Workout Sports Bra offers medium support and there is no annoying itchy tag on the back that will rub against your skin that you’ll have to fight with all day.
Comfort, ease of wear and style are three important features of a great sports bra and this one has all three. Easy to care for, this machine-washable bra is so easy to take care of you will find yourself wearing a different one of these comfortable bras every day.
The body and inside liner on this bra are both made from 87% polyester and 13% Spandex which means it will let you breathe. This is a cheap sports bra that offers all of the benefits of a more spendy one. It comes in so many solid colors that you can find one to compliment all of your workout wear and the available color combinations mean it will be hard to pick just one. Most customers say they end up ordering several of these and you probably will too.
Things We Liked
- The material. This bra is very lightweight which means you can minimize sweat and will find it easy to move in.
- The support. Billing itself as medium support, this is one of the best sports bras for running. It is snug but not so much that you can’t move comfortably.
- The variety of colors that it comes in. This is a fun bra for every age and the colors are vibrant and bold.
- The ease of getting this bra on and off again.
Things We Didn’t Like
- As with most sports bras, the fit is sometimes hard to get just right. While some women think the bra runs small, others find it too big. Check the measuring charts.
Glamorise Women’s Double-Layer Custom-Control Sports Bra
The Glamorise Double-Layer Women’s Bra is an excellent choice for women looking for plus size sports bras. It gets a very good rating on Amazon and is one of the bestsellers in active sports bras. It is currently available in Black-Grey, White-Grey, White, Black Grey and Black-Grey Trim colours. The bra is perfect for activities such as yoga, running, aerobics and walking.
Most Notable Features of the Bra:
- Two-ply/double cups
- Adjustable straps
- Adjustable bounce-control front panel
- Exclusive two-way stretch back
- Moisture-wicking helps you keep your skin dry
“The Bra is super comfortable, reduces bounce and helps me focus on the exercise” says one of our tester. “This bra is the best sports bra I’ve owned” says another. The Glamorise Double Layer sports bra is available in a wide range of sizes so most of the users will find this bra to fit perfect.
6 Benefits of Wearing Sports Bras
- Less Bounce: This is the main benefit of wearing a sports bra. Whatever the size of your chest is, you always should wear a bra to reduce bounce as to lessen the risk of damage to your breast tissues.
- Exercise Becomes Easy: Your girls don’t bounce and, therefore, it easier to workout without having to think about your breasts. In addition, you won’t see a lot of pervy guys at them. Life becomes a lot easier with them.
- Comfort: You get a lot of comfort by wearing the right sports bra that fits nicely.
- Less sweat: As most of the top notch sports bras are designed to keep our skin from moisture, you won’t have the issue of sweating. Plus, some of the quality bras would also ensure that your skin does not dry.
- Store Valuables: Some of the sports bras also offer a little pocket to store things such as your iPod, gym membership card and even your phone.
- Temperature control: In addition to helping you keep the moisture away from your body, a good bra would also keep your body at the right temperature. A good sports bra will keep your skin cool and dry.
How do you fit your bra if your breasts are different sizes?
It’s not unusual to have two different sized breasts. Simply measure your fit to the one that is larger.
What do compression, encapsulation mean?
Most sports bras will offer stretch so you can be comfortable during your workout. Compression means the garment presses against the body which is what gives it its support. Encapsulation means it surrounds and supports each of your breasts separately and gives it shape. A bra that offers both encapsulation and compression is suitable to bigger breasted women.
What are the differences between high impact, medium impact and low impact?
Impact addresses the amount of bounce while wearing a sports bra. High impact means a more vigorous activity with a lot of bounce. Low impact would include things such as yoga with little bounce.
What are the benefits of an underwire in a sports bra?
An underwire offers more support for the breast in the cup of the bra because it holds it in place. Check out the full review of the best underwire sports bra for women here.
Convertible, racerback, and adjustable – Which of them is best for larger breasted women?
An adjustable strap offers individual fit for women with larger breasts and convertible straps can be adjusted to size also and are also a great option. Racerback bras do not offer adjustments of any kind typically.
Do I still need to wear a sports bra if I’m not doing an aerobic exercise?
The support of a sports bra is always important because they offer so much comfort and the support that is built in usually cannot beat whether you are working out or not.
What should I do? My breasts move around so much when I run and it’s painful.
Finding a good bra with encapsulation and support can help ease some of that pain. If the cup size fits the breast right and there is good support it should eliminate some of the movement.
How long should I keep my sports bra?
This will depend on the frequency of wear. If you wear a specific bra up to three times a week replace it after about 6-8 months.
How much should I spend on my sports bra?
It’s not unusual to find a sports bra for anywhere from $25-$100. The price will depend on the amount of support needed for larger women and how well it is constructed
How do I know what size sports bra to wear?
Size is everything and unfortunately, it might take some trial and error. Even when you find one you like often they run large or small. When you do find one you love, get several.
- Underwire Bra
- Complete Guide to Cheap Sports Bras for Women
- A guide to the best padded sports bras
- Bra Size
- 1 Best Sports Bras For Large Breasts 2019
- 1.1 Panache Women’s Underwire Sports Bra
- 1.2 Glamorise Women’s No-Bounce Sport Bra
- 1.3 Anita Women’s Momentum Sport Bra
- 1.4 Enell High Impact Sports Bra
- 1.5 Wacoal Women’s Sports Bra
- 1.6 Under Armour Women’s Mid Sports Bra
- 1.7 Champion Women’s Absolute Workout Sports Bra
- 1.8 Glamorise Women’s Double-Layer Custom-Control Sports Bra
- 2 6 Benefits of Wearing Sports Bras
- 2.1 How do you fit your bra if your breasts are different sizes?
- 2.2 What do compression, encapsulation mean?
- 2.3 What are the differences between high impact, medium impact and low impact?
- 2.4 What are the benefits of an underwire in a sports bra?
- 2.5 Convertible, racerback, and adjustable – Which of them is best for larger breasted women?
- 2.6 Do I still need to wear a sports bra if I’m not doing an aerobic exercise?
- 2.7 What should I do? My breasts move around so much when I run and it’s painful.
- 2.8 How long should I keep my sports bra?
- 2.9 How much should I spend on my sports bra?
- 2.10 How do I know what size sports bra to wear?