Bicycle riding is one of the best ways to stay fit and live green. There are numerous benefits of riding bikes such as increased cardiovascular fitness, decreased stress and body fat levels, improved posture and coordination and more.
I could write a book on the health benefits of riding but this article is specifically about finding the best hybrid and comfort bikes for you.
Hybrid bikes basically combine characteristics from specialized road bikes, mountain bikes, and touring bikes. What makes hybrid bicycles so popular is the fact that they are easy to adapt, are comfortable and relatively more stable than other specialized bike types. Designed for Casual riders, Commuters, beginners and for children.
On the other hand, Comfort Bikes are a subclass of hybrid bike category and are optimized for comfort. They are not high-performance bikes and are mostly for recreation.
- 1 The Top 4 Comfort & Hybrid bikes – Comparison Table
- 2 Comfort Vs Hybrid Bike
- 3 Reviews of The Top Hybrid Bikes
- 4 Best Comfort Bikes Reviews
- 5 Northwoods Ladies Springdale 21 Speed Hybrid Bicycle
- 6 XDS Women’s Cross 300 24-Speed Hybrid Bike
- 7 Retrospec Bicycles Step-Thru Sid-7 Dutch Style Hybrid Urban Commuter Road Bicycle
- 8 Razor EcoSmart Thrive Electric Bicycle
- 9 Jeep Compass Men’s Hybrid Bike
- 10 Diamondback Clarity Women’s Flat Bar Road Bike
The Top 4 Comfort & Hybrid bikes – Comparison Table
The table shows Our top 4 picks under $500,$400,$300 & $200 mark. Basically, what we did is picked out the best bikes under every budget. Also, we’ve put reviews of the bikes in more detail below – You might want to read the reviews of our favorite bikes after you go through the bikes mentioned here.
|Hybrid bike Under $500
Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Insight 2 Complete Performance Hybrid Bike
|Comfort Bike Under $400
Diamondback Bicycles Women's 2015 Serene Classic Complete Comfort Bike
|Hybrid Bike Under $300
Vilano Performance 700C-21 Speed Shimano Hybrid Flat Bar Commuter Road Bike
|Hybrid Bike Under $200
Schwinn Men's Network 3.0 700C Hybrid Bicycle, White, 18-Inch
|Hybrid Bike Under $400
Diamondback 2013 Trace Dual Sport Bike with 700c Wheels
Comfort Vs Hybrid Bike
The table compares the difference between a hybrid and comfort bike. We have just pointed out that comfort bikes are basically a more specialized form of hybrid bikes that are designed for added comfort. Read out some more differences between the two to understand these 2 types.
|Hybrid Bikes||Comfort Bikes|
|Main class Of bikes||Is a subclass of hybrid Bike category|
|High air pressure in the tires makes long rides easier||High air volume in the tires provides a plush ride|
|Frame designed for efficient pedaling||Frame designed mostly for comfort|
|Adjustable components for back position||More back-friendly position|
|Comfort bikes use the 26-inch tire standard commonly found on mountain bikes||Hybrid bikes usually use the Road bike's 700c tire|
|Provide efficient pedaling||Provide luxurious seating|
Reviews of The Top Hybrid Bikes
Diamondback 2015 Insight 2 Performance Hybrid Bike
The Diamondback ( Company’s Name ) are known for quality & durability.
The 24-speed Insight 2 Complete Performance bike is Built for speed and comfort. The thing which makes this bike stand out is excellent aluminum alloy frame with precise handling.
It is a unisex model, the wheel size 700c and is available in 16, 18, 20, 22″ frame sizes.
Here’s a size guide for this very model:
- 16″ – Small — For riders 5’4″ to 5’7″
- 18″ – Medium — For riders 5’7″ to 5’10”
- 20″ – Large — For riders 5’10” to 6’1″
- 22″ – Extra large — For riders 6’1″ to 6’4″
More detailed features of the bike:
- Wheel Width – 32 mm
- Tires – Kenda Kwick Trax, provide a balanced tread
- Frame – Insight 6061-T6 butted aluminum performance hybrid; Formed and hooded top tube; Integrated headtube; Vertical Compliance Stays (VCS)
- Brakes – Alloy linear-pull
- Handlebars – Alloy riser
- Grips – Diamondback dual-density comfort grip
- Seat – Diamondback performance hybrid with gel
- Rims – Double-wall alloy
Vilano Performance 700C-21 Speed Shimano Hybrid Flat Bar Commuter Road Bike
The Vilano performance hybrid bike comes at a wallet-friendly price.
User ratings on Amazon and on other retail sites are impressive – Gets around 4/5 on Amazon and much higher on other retail sites.
The most notable stuff about this bike is that it offer aluminum frame that is super lightweight. The frame is also double-butted for increased strength.
The bike offers Shimano components ( if you don’t know about shamino, they offer components that help fast reliable gear changes ). Also, they help tackle hills & road easily with 21 speeds.
Vilano is a relatively new company that offers superb customer service and ships the products swiftly.
- Some of the customers complain that the bike is not aligned when shipped and you might need to tune the brakes and rims initially
- Another thing mentioned is that the stock saddle, for some riders, may be narrow.
- Some customers are unsatisfied with the Front derailleur
Some of the technical details about the bike:
- Frame — 6061 Double Butted Aluminum
- Brakes — Alloy Linear Pull V-Brake
- Rims —- 700c Doubled Walled CNC Machined Sides
- Handlebar —- Alloy Riser
- Tires —- Kenda 700c x 28c
- Bottom Bracket —- Sealed Cartridge
Best Comfort Bikes Reviews
Schwinn Men’s Network 3.0 700C Hybrid Bicycle
The bike has a great built quality and is ideal for people conscious about fitness. It is stylish, comfortable and affordable.
Schwinn offers aluminum Hybrid frame which is sleek. Additionally, the bike also offers Schwinn suspension fork which helps the smooth and comfortable ride.
More Detail about the bike:
- 21 speed rear derailleur
- Alloy rims – Super Lightweight and durable
- Swept-back handlebar – This basically is back-friendly and keeps upright riding position (adjustable stem )
- Linear pull brakes ( which is excellent for immediate breaking )
Related Post: The best indoor bikes you can find online.
Northwoods Ladies Springdale 21 Speed Hybrid Bicycle
The Northwoods ladies Springdale is probably the cheapest bike on this list. It gets a user rating of 3.8 out of total 5. It is basically a comfort & commuter bike.
The Bike looks kinda cute and for that price, it really has a very good built quality.
More Details about the bike:
- Wheels & Bike Frame — 700c wheels & a lightweight aluminum frame
- Alloy rims
- Linear pull brakes
- 21 speeds with a Shimano Tourney rear derailleur
- Available in two models — in white for Women & black for Men.
- Alloy quick release seat clamp
XDS Women’s Cross 300 24-Speed Hybrid Bike
Details of XDS Women’s Cross 300:
- The Bike is basically a hybrid of cruiser and road bike.
- Gets an Avg 5 out 5 user ratings on amazon ( although fewer people have yet posted their views about the bike )
- Light and durable alloy frame
- Shimano 24-Speed shifter – This helps in Quick gear changes
- Fork — RST Suspension Fork (Shock absorbent)
- Rims —- Alloy
- Saddle —- Velo Comfort Trekking
- Brake —- Alloy V-Brake
- Rust resistant alloy components
Retrospec Bicycles Step-Thru Sid-7 Dutch Style Hybrid Urban Commuter Road Bicycle
This is another ‘good’ bike which we though to add in this post. The bike gets very good rating on Amazon and is designed for Leisure Riding, Exercise & Urban City Commuting.
- Shipping Weight — 33.1 pounds
- Production in China
- Lightweight Step-Thru Steel Frame
- Kenda Kwest Tires
- Shimano 7-Speed Drivetrain
- Add-on features – Vintage Style Chrome Bullet Headlamp, Rear-Rack, Front & Rear Fenders.
- All the tools necessary to build your bike are included.
Razor EcoSmart Thrive Electric Bicycle
The EcoSmart Thrive is an Electric bike which gets a 5/5 rating on Amazon ( the user reviews are very few to correctly evaluate )
The bike comes at an expensive price range of just under 400 dollars and is listed one of the best sellers on Amazon. We haven’t tested out this bike but looking at the reviews on Amazon and other retail sites, the bike does a good job. The bike is designed for commuting.
More details about the bike:
- Speeds up to 17 miles/hr with no pedaling! – The company gives a 90-day warranty of this.
- Front & rear V-brakes
- 250 watt motor
- 24 volt – 7 AH battery
- Variable speed throttle control
- Adjustable rider compartment
- Ultra padded seat
- Street tread tires
- Running time — up to 50 minutes per charge ( which is i think good enough for normal usage )
- Important note : The Manufacturer suggest the user’s height to be between 5’2″ and 6″3 ( This covers most of the height range )
Jeep Compass Men’s Hybrid Bike
Let’s Just jump into the details:
- Average User ratings on Amazon — 3.4 ( which is a little bit lower )
- High V Profile 700C Alloy
- adjustable stem
- light weight 700c alloy rims
- Shimano 21 speed drive train
- Frame — Custom aluminum
- Fork —- 700C steel
- Promax linear pull front and rear Brakes
- Kenda 700 x 40C black Tires
- Saddle — Vitesse custom
- Weight —- 30 pounds
Further Reading : Bikes you can fold and take it anywhere
Diamondback Clarity Women’s Flat Bar Road Bike
- Made for Commuting and for fitness
- Aluminum frame
- Shimano provides : 7-speed shifters, cranks, bottom bracket, brake levers, freewheel, derailleurs & cranks
- Equation R23 Doublewall rims
- Alloy linear pull brakes
What type of bike do you prefer ?
If you liked what you’ve just read, use the comment section below and tell us 🙂